[Mikrotik] OSPF flaps and filter rules

Terri Kelley neteng at farm-market.net
Sat Jan 7 13:53:53 CST 2017

So short version. Due to new land owners we had to chop down a tower, B. Towers A and C were either side passing through B. All running OSPF. We now pass through two new towers going from A to C and ospf flaps like crazy at times. No difference in configs other than changing the neighbors. All are configured that same way as the old path. So it should work. It doesn’t.

Along with that, the filter rules are the same as always but for some reason the counters are no longer incrementing on the input rules for A and C. The only exception is accept related connections. The only difference I can tell is there is no longer anything plugged into ether1 on A and C. Switching not not being used, they just like most on my network are multi port routers.

So I guess my two questions are, does port 1 have to be used for the input rules to work? And if that is the case could that cause the flap on OSPF?

Thanks,

--
Terri Kelley
Network Engineer