[Mikrotik] Dude Question

Rory McCann rmm.lists at gmail.com
Tue May 28 11:02:59 CDT 2013

Hi guys,

I'm playing around with The Dude on an RB1000 (using dude v4beta1) and
I've got a question on setting up labels.

I've found that when using SNMP on my mikrotik devices, when the label
refreshes, it displays all the variables for a few seconds before
displaying the values. For example, when it refreshes, the label says:

Rate: [Interface.Speed]
Rx: [Interface.InBitRate]
Tx: [Interface.OutBitRate]

Then after a few seconds, it will display:

Rate: 100 Mbps
Rx: 50 bps
Tx: 51 bps

Since I don't like this behavior, I decided to try switching the link
type from SNMP to RouterOS and use the native variables. This works much
better, however I can't seem to find an equivalent for
[Interface.OperStatus]. If I try to poll the OID, I always get "up(1)"
regardless if the link is actually connected or not.

Is there a variable that RouterOS would understand to simply tell me
"up" or "down" for the Interface status?

--
Rory McCann
Minn-Kota Ag Products
P: 701-403-4877 | E: rory at mkap.com