[Mikrotik] Routes don't come back with L2TP tunnels

Don Gould don at bowenvale.co.nz
Fri May 24 01:37:55 CDT 2013

Hi,

I have a router set up:

202.1.1.5 - Me
219.1.4.14 - Customer

Me has 192.168.88.0/24  - 172.16.2.1
Customer has 192.168.89.0/24  -  172.16.2.3

I have a VPN dial in from customer to me.

When the power goes out to 'me' and comes back up again the VPN link
re-establishes ok but the routes don't.

If I go into 'me'/IP/Route I can see the range 192.168.89.0/24 but no
gate way selected and it's read.

In /ppp/secrets I can see there's a setting for 'routes'.  Am I meant to
use this feature to tell the router to fix the route when the VPN link
comes back up?

If so, then what syntax am I meant to put in there?

Don Gould
31 Acheson Ave
Mairehau
Christchurch, New Zealand