[Mikrotik] Powerrouter 732 - choice of storage

Justin Miller mikrotik at dynstatic.net
Thu May 23 13:08:06 CDT 2013

http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:License

Can I move the license to another HDD ?
If your current HDD drive is destroyed, or can no longer be used, it is possible to transfer the license to another HDD. You will have to request a replacement key (see below) which will cost 10$
What is a Replacement Key
It is a special key which is issued by the Support Team if you accidently lose the license, and the Mikrotik Support decides that it is not directly your fault. It costs 10$ and has the same features as the key that you lose. Note that before issuing such key, the Mikrotik Support can ask you to prove that the old drive is failed, in some cases this means sending us the dead drive.

(It may be easier just to get a new license. A few vendors sell them below MSRP)

Justin