[Mikrotik] Powerrouter 732 - choice of storage

Paolo Di Francesco paolo.difrancesco at level7.it
Thu May 23 11:52:48 CDT 2013

Hi Josh,

wondering which one has a better MTBF with R/W access. I was wondering
why the compactflash dies, it was not for the temperature because it was
in a PowerRouter so the other option is that it died because of the R/W
operations

So I was wondering if a HD would last longer simply because it is
assumed that it will do R/W operations all the time.

My worry is if the CompactFlash will live forever or not.

Also: in what I got I found a normal CompactFlash, I used the Sandisk
Ultra in the past in the outdoor and we got no issue in the past.

By the way: I lost the routeros that was installed/shipped with the
powerRouter I am not sure I can recover the license.. :/
Anybody has a clue regaring that?

Thank you