[Mikrotik] The Dude Notifications

Josh Luthman josh at imaginenetworksllc.com
Mon Jul 29 14:14:53 CDT 2013


You're welcome =)

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343
1100 Wayne St
Suite 1337
Troy, OH 45373


On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 3:11 PM, Rory McCann <rmm.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Cool - never noticed that!
>
> I'll play around with it and see if that is what I am after. Thanks Josh!
>
>
> Rory McCann
> Minn-Kota Ag Products
> P: 701-403-4877 | E: rory at mkap.com
>
> On 7/29/2013 1:28 PM, Josh Luthman wrote:
>>
>> I'm *NOT* sure if this affects notifications or not.  My assumption is
>> yes, because that is what parenting would be used for in an
>> application like this.
>>
>> If you double click a device you can specify the parent (left side,
>> near the bottom).
>>
>> Josh Luthman
>> Office: 937-552-2340
>> Direct: 937-552-2343
>> 1100 Wayne St
>> Suite 1337
>> Troy, OH 45373
>>
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 2:00 PM, Rory McCann <rmm.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I have a Dude setup with several submaps - each submap being a location
>>> with
>>> devices within it. I also have notifications of up/down status on most
>>> devices in these submaps.
>>>
>>> I am wondering if I can set it up so that if a "parent" element goes
>>> down, I
>>> don't get 30 notifications for child elements also being down?
>>>
>>> We've got a few sites with flakey power and the battery backups only work
>>> for so long. When the power finally dies, I get a notification for every
>>> device in that location being down. Wondering if I can configure it so
>>> that
>>> if "device A" goes down (such as a router or wireless link) then it
>>> doesn't
>>> notify me for all the devices in that submap that would also be affected?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Rory McCann
>>> Minn-Kota Ag Products
>>> P: 701-403-4877 | E: rory at mkap.com
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Mikrotik mailing list
>>> Mikrotik at mail.butchevans.com
>>> http://mail.butchevans.com/mailman/listinfo/mikrotik
>>>
>>> Visit http://blog.butchevans.com/ for tutorials related to Mikrotik
>>> RouterOS
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Mikrotik mailing list
>> Mikrotik at mail.butchevans.com
>> http://mail.butchevans.com/mailman/listinfo/mikrotik
>>
>> Visit http://blog.butchevans.com/ for tutorials related to Mikrotik
>> RouterOS
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Mikrotik mailing list
> Mikrotik at mail.butchevans.com
> http://mail.butchevans.com/mailman/listinfo/mikrotik
>
> Visit http://blog.butchevans.com/ for tutorials related to Mikrotik RouterOS


More information about the Mikrotik mailing list