[Mikrotik] reset rb493

Butch Evans butche at butchevans.com
Mon Jan 21 22:17:48 CST 2013

On Mon, 2013-01-21 at 14:45 -0600, Ty Featherling wrote:
> I am trying like hell to reset a couple of used RB493s I have here. I have
> tried holding the reset button while plugging in power, holding reset while
> plugging in power and holding for xx seconds, holding reset for xx seconds
> after boot. I have googled and searched and found nothing that works. What
> is the correct method?

If you can log into them, just issue:
/system reset

at the terminal prompt.

If you cannot, then you use netinstall.  SOME of the older routerboards,
the reset button doesn't do anything other than frustrate people.

* Butch Evans                * Professional Network Consultation   *
* http://www.butchevans.com/ * Network Engineering                 *
* http://store.wispgear.net/ * Wired or Wireless Networks          *
* http://blog.butchevans.com/ * ImageStream, Mikrotik and MORE!    *
*          NOTE THE NEW PHONE NUMBER: 702-537-0979                 *