[Mikrotik] 1:1 NAT strangeness

Craig Baird craig at xpressweb.com
Mon Jan 21 14:47:52 CST 2013

I have a router that I've configured to do 1:1 NAT, using the
following config:

add action=netmap chain=dstnat disabled=no dst-address=<external IP> \
     in-interface=ftth-vlan5 to-addresses=172.20.2.2
add action=netmap chain=srcnat disabled=no src-address=172.20.2.2 \
     to-addresses=<external IP>

It all works as expected except for one thing.  If I try to open an
SSH session to the external IP, it connects to the MT rather than
forwarding it through to the internal machine.  Note that the internal
machine is *not* listening for SSH, and I don't need it to.  But I
don't want the MT answering SSH connections on the external IP either.

Any ideas?

Craig