[Mikrotik] -55db but can't pass serious traffic

Scott Reed sreed at nwwnet.net
Wed Jan 9 05:20:38 CST 2013

You set the antenna gain on the Wireless tab of the wireless interface.
You have to select Advanced Mode with the button at the bottom right of
the window.
You can also set the transmit power on the TX-Power tab.  This is what I
use, not the antenna gain.
Both of the above settings can be set on both ends of a link. Remember
to set them so you stay within legal limits for your location.
I can not think of any way to damage a radio with these settings. The
software knows the maximum gain that the radio can handle.
The antenna gain is in the spec sheet on the MT web site.

Scott Reed
Owner
NewWays Networking, LLC
Wireless Networking