[Mikrotik] trouble accessing a routerboard

Ty Featherling tyfeatherling at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 09:29:34 CDT 2012

I have an RB running 2.9.24 (it's an old one). It is only functioning as a
DHCP server currently. I have a management ip of 10.0.4.3/22 on it with a
gateway of 10.0.4.1. I also have one address for each network in the pool.
I did not add routes for those networks. The DHCP server is working just
fine, handing out addresses for from a large pool containing multiple
networks.

My problem is accessing the RB itself. If I give myself a
10.0.4.0/22address and am plugged into the same switch, no issues. If
I try to access
if from anywhere else on the network or using an address other than
10.0.4.0/22 I get nothing. I have removed all firewall rules just to be
sure and can't figure it out.

Any ideas?

-Ty