[Mikrotik] RB951-2N MIMO configuration

Scott Lambert lambert at lambertfam.org
Thu Dec 20 15:22:22 CST 2012

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 11:42:21AM +0100, Tayeb Meftah wrote:
> Hello,
> do i need any special configuration to be able to have a MIMO situation?
> My Wireless range is too crazy these days ;-)
> also the Speed in my Laptop with the RB is 65.00MB/S, no clue why.
> if used with a linksys E3200, i got 300Mbit/s

Enabling both MIMO channels will get you near 150Mbps.

To get to 300Mbps you will have to set channel width to "20/40MHz
HT Above" or "20/40/MHz HT Below".  But you may not be able to
utilize the throughput potential gained by going to a 40MHz channel.
Depends on your network configuration and what you want to do with
it.

lambert at lambertfam.org