[Mikrotik] DOS attack question

Butch Evans butche at butchevans.com
Tue Dec 4 13:56:55 CST 2012

On Tue, 2012-12-04 at 14:51 -0500, Josh Luthman wrote:
> Is that different or did I just always remember wrong?  I was always under
> the impression it didn't matter if you did one filter rule with 100
> address-list or 100 filter rules, it took the same CPU time to treat
> traffic in whatever way.

Address-list has always been more efficient than multiple rules.  It
also happens to be easier to manage, making it a win-win.

* Butch Evans                * Professional Network Consultation   *
* http://www.butchevans.com/ * Network Engineering                 *
* http://store.wispgear.net/ * Wired or Wireless Networks          *
* http://blog.butchevans.com/ * ImageStream, Mikrotik and MORE!    *
*          NOTE THE NEW PHONE NUMBER: 702-537-0979                 *