[Mikrotik] bootp through bridged interfaces?

Bill Prince part-15 at SkylineBroadbandService.com
Sun Apr 22 20:04:48 CDT 2012

We have a small POP with about a half-dozen subs on it.  I used an RB450
as a cheap managed switch between the uplink and the AP.  There is a
DHCP server on the other end of the uplink, but it appears that bootp is
not passing through the RB450.

The RB450 is running ROS 3.21.   Is this a known bug/limitation of a
bridged interface?  Should I be putting this guy in switch mode?

What is the minimum rev of ROS to get the built-in switch to act as a
real switch (instead of a bridge)?

--
bp