[Mikrotik] Redirecting x.com to y.com

Butch Evans butche at butchevans.com
Tue Apr 17 18:23:30 CDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-04-17 at 18:14 -0400, John Buwa wrote:
> Thanks for the link but I don't see anything there about redirecting a list of domains. I only see reference to ip addresses. We don't want something to get through the filter because the domain chained ips and we don't want to have to monitor sites changing ip's. So if we redirect based on domain doesn't  matter if the site changes ip it wouldn't get throughout the firewall

All you have to do to make this work for you is:
1. Add your entire office subnet to the "disconnected" list (you can
change the name if you like)
2. Change the final proxy action line from deny to accept

Not sure there is an easier approach.

* Butch Evans                * Professional Network Consultation   *
* http://www.butchevans.com/ * Network Engineering                 *
* http://store.wispgear.net/ * Wired or Wireless Networks          *
* http://blog.butchevans.com/ * ImageStream, Mikrotik and MORE!    *
*          NOTE THE NEW PHONE NUMBER: 702-537-0979                 *