[Mikrotik] dhcp-client always "searching"

Bill Prince part-15 at SkylineBroadbandService.com
Mon Apr 16 17:27:50 CDT 2012

What I'm wondering is whether the existing IP is getting in the way?

The old setup was a static IP on ether1.  We're renumbering everything
(new block from ARIN), and rather than do statics, I thought it would
save time to just set them to dhcp clients on a subnet-by-subnet basis.

The existing IP has a default route set.

So I did not delete or disable the old IP, I just wanted to test the dhcp.

bp