[Mikrotik] dhcp-client always "searching"

Josh Luthman josh at imaginenetworksllc.com
Mon Apr 16 17:07:01 CDT 2012

The clients that are working - what are they?  Are they in the same
collision domain?

What's the network look like between the dhcp server and the working
and non working clients?

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343
1100 Wayne St
Suite 1337
Troy, OH 45373

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 6:01 PM, Bill Prince
<part-15 at skylinebroadbandservice.com> wrote:
> I believe the server is ready and waiting.  There are other (non-mikrotik)
> clients working on the subnet, and there are approximately 198 unused IPs.
>
> The Mikrotik DHCP server is running on ROS 3.11.  I've got one mikrotik
> client on ROS 3.17, and another on ROS 4.17; neither one of them is working.
>  They're both just "searching".
>
> bp
>

> On 4/16/2012 2:57 PM, Josh Luthman wrote:
>>
>> Something is blocking it then.  Are you sure you have the client on
>> the correct interface?  Is the server ready to go with IPs left in the
>> pool?
>>
>> Josh Luthman
>> Office: 937-552-2340
>> Direct: 937-552-2343
>> 1100 Wayne St
>> Suite 1337
>> Troy, OH 45373
>>

>> On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 5:53 PM, Bill Prince
>> <part-15 at skylinebroadbandservice.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>> I've never used the dhcp-client until today.  However, it doesn't seem to
>>> be
>>> working.  All it does is "searching", and there is no hint of a request