[Mikrotik] Potential DOS?

Butch Evans butche at butchevans.com
Sun Mar 20 09:46:45 CDT 2011

On 03/20/2011 09:42 AM, Charles Wu wrote:
> So I logged into one of my Mikrotiks (command line) and am seeing the following error message
>
> Echo: system,error,critical login faiure for user kill from 61.152.76.4 via ftp
>
> Any ideas on what this is?
If you see this repeatedly, this is either an insufficient firewall on
the router  or an administrator that forgot the password.

* Butch Evans                   * Professional Network Consultation*
* http://www.butchevans.com/    * Network Engineering              *
* http://store.wispgear.net/    * Wired or Wireless Networks       *
* http://blog.butchevans.com/   * ImageStream, Mikrotik and MORE!  *
*                NOTE THE NEW PHONE NUMBER: 702-537-0979           *