[Mikrotik] Radius MAC Authentication with both DHCP and static IPs

Jim Rice jmrice6640 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 14 16:38:08 CDT 2011

Sorry, I should have been more specific ...

We are doing MAC authentication from a MySQL database, not local.
The DHCP request triggers the Radius Access-Request, and receives the Access-Accept reply.  For Static IPs, there is nothing to trigger the Radius request.  So for those, I have to default to Accept them.
(Unacceptable.)

I do not know if this is version dependent or not.
But devices configured with static IPs do not generate a Radius request when connecting.

I want to configure Radius to provide the DHCP Group and Rate-Limit attributes, perhaps others as well, based on Username (MAC).

Thanks,

Jim