[Mikrotik] My routing problem

john john at rcsaccess.net
Mon Mar 7 16:19:44 CST 2011

We have 16 Towers.  Almost 1900 Customers. 3 Points of presence on the
internet (connected together with pptp links).  We are statically routed
right now with a 10.X.0.0/16 to each tower router

My problem is my boss wants to assign an ip to a customer with PPPoE and
make that ip work anywhere on the network, with OSPF it is possible.  We
tried it but on the Tower Routers that had 175+ PPPoE connections the
Mikrotiks would not reboot if told in the software to reboot.  They
would power down and not boot back up.  They had to be hard booted.  Not
to mention that if I tried to run /export on the mikrotik the CPU usage
would peg out at 100% and not come down.  Is there any other way of
doing what I need to do.

The Mikrotiks in question are all 4.15 or less version.  One is a X86
processor with more than enough hardware.  The others are 450G.  The
Mikrotiks after rebooted are running about 20% or less