[Mikrotik] 5.0RC1

Butch Evans butche at butchevans.com
Mon Sep 20 18:31:08 CDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-09-20 at 15:15 -0600, Randy Cosby wrote:
> NV2 is completely different - it uses TDMA like Canopy and UBNT's new
> stuff does.  Supposed to cut way back on CPU usage, allow more clients,
> remove some distance limitations, etc.  In PTP uses I've tried (and
> others I've spoken to) we're seeing more consistent latency and 10-15%
> more usable bandwidth.

So far, I am seeing MORE CPU when compared to nstreme.

> It does not, however, replace Nstreme Dual (yet).

Nope.  I am not sure that's even on the roadmap.  I don't see a good
reason to do it that way, either.  Perhaps there is room to improve the
nstreme-dual setup, but tdma would not be helpful.

* Butch Evans                   * Professional Network Consultation*
* http://www.butchevans.com/    * Network Engineering              *
* http://store.wispgear.net/    * Wired or Wireless Networks       *
* http://blog.butchevans.com/   * ImageStream, Mikrotik and MORE!  *