[Mikrotik] 433AH

Bill Prince part-15 at SkylineBroadbandService.com
Sat Sep 18 19:05:22 CDT 2010

  Most anything over 26-27 volts will make the 433AH not happy.   Best
to use a DC-DC converter that puts out a true 24V.  I've also just put
three silicon diodes in series on the +V power lead.  Each diode drops
~~ .7 volts,  so three of them would drop 28 volts down to 25.9 volts.

Kind of silly putting such a narrow voltage tolerance on this kind of
device (IMO).  All of our remote sites, solar or AC powered are running
straight from the float voltage on a 24V battery array.

bp