[Mikrotik] IPv6 Question

jreeves at 18-30chat.net jreeves at 18-30chat.net
Sat Jan 9 02:05:22 CST 2010

I have a Sixxs and a HE tunnel, but have let the HE tunnel go (or something, i
forget, just stopped using it as there was a MT bug that made it hard to keep
working)

https://www.sixxs.net/misc/coolstuff/

Thats the driving stuff of the net right there (information, porn, and
entertainment).

Having no NAT is a good thing in that NAT makes for issues. Its a bad thing in
that all host will be 100% identifiable. No more "oh thats a hotspot at $ABC and
I am sorry, we don't know who was there, etc" or "client $XYZ had a open access
point, says their kid opened it for some friends and forgot to close it" etc etc.

Many other funs things v6 brings to the table. The hardest one for me is amount
of data to plain remember. Well, also that Vista has a lovely issue (now
patched) that caused it to default to the v6 network when enabled, even if that
network has no net access.