[Mikrotik] Upgrading to 3.1

Butch Evans butche at butchevans.com
Thu Jan 31 10:41:19 CST 2008

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008, Mike Hammett wrote:

>I remember when going from 2.8 to 2.9, there were some issues.
>Are there any gotchas with going from 2.9 to 3.1?

I've only done a few of these, so not a lot of experience.  Wireless
before and after worked, but the card config was lost, so I had to
redo the config for that.  Interface name for wireless card was also
lost.  I did not personally do this upgrade (I helped to fix it),
but it was 2.9.23 -> 3.1.  I told him beforehand to do
2.9.23->2.9.50->3.1, but he didn't listen.  Not sure if that would
have helped.  His wireless, by the way, was a CM9 and this was on a
WRAP platform.

The others I have done have been smooth, including those with
wireless cards.

--
Butch Evans
573-276-2879