[Mikrotik] T1 Replacement

Mike Hammett butch-mikrotik at ics-il.net
Wed Jan 16 16:55:49 CST 2008

I am looking to replace some T1 circuits with my wireless network.  It would be advantageous to have a complete Layer 2 link through my network from the Ethernet port I hand to the client to the Ethernet port I hand off at the provider's NOC.  No IP monkey business for me to worry about.

What is the most transparent way to do this?  I am looking at using Redline AN-80i or someone's 5 GHz WiMax for the PtMP system and a mix of Redline, Orthogon, and fiber for the backbone.  I have a preference to Mikrotik, then Imagestream routing products.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com